lanewillson

Michael Korda
The 13th Sign
Kristin O'Donnell Tubb

My Dyslexia

My Dyslexia - Philip Schultz I greatly enjoyed this book. My own dyslexia was first suggested when as a college student I had some testing to help me decide what to be when I grew up. Although I didn't really believe it at the time, I was ready to embrace anything that pointed to a problem other than my new found love of drinking. However, years later, once I had decided I wanted to be sober, I noticed for the first time confirmation of what had been hinted at nearly a decade earlier. I have a moderate level of dyslexia along with ADD. I skipped the Hyperactivity so my siblings would have a change to share in the fun. I'm a giver that way. The combination of these two elements explained quite a lot about many of the struggles I had in school. The fear and lack of confidence I achieved as a child are the prizes earned in the elementary school carnival of the 1970's, and later combined with adolescence mixed with bourbon, and I ended my educational career magna cum mediocre. Phillip Schultz’s expression of his own story is one that offers more than just hope, but the hope that comes from freedom. With his freedom Mr. Schultz earned a Pulitzer Prize, and the ability to share both his hope and his freedom. [bc:My Dyslexia|10954982|My Dyslexia|Philip Schultz|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349049753s/10954982.jpg|15872621]